Sunday, May 3, 2009

THIS MONTH IN HISTORY

In 1513, the Spanish explorer, Ponce de Leon, cruised up
and down the Florida coast looking for promising
sites to establish gated communities, retirement
villages, oceanfront condos, and strip malls.
C.S.
****************************************************
There was a lovely lass from Dorset,
Who cinched up her corset,
Buttoned her dress again,
Tied her bonnet under her chin,
And said, "Love, let's do it again!"
C.S.
*****************************************************

4 comments:

Shawn said...

Praise to you, Ponce. You certainly made the most of the land.

alantru said...

Huh, well, I’ll be. I always thought he was looking for a new car.

Thanks for sorting me out, Count. I can always rely on you for the straight goods!

Best,

Alan

Unknown said...

A singularly fine entry, my dear Count. I will be punching a nun later to celebrate.

Debbie said...

A land well used!